* Add a little zest to your day with these sweet citrus cookies highlighted with a pop of tangy cranberry in the center! Makes 6-7 cookies.
- 1/2 cup plus 2-3 Tbsp. (75 grams) Truly AIP All-Purpose Baking Mix
- 2 Tbsp. palm shortening
- 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 3-4 tsp. orange juice
- 1/4 tsp. grated orange peel
Preheat oven to 350. Mix ingredients together, adding a little more baking mix or orange juice to get a soft dough you can roll into 1 inch-ish balls. Place balls of dough onto lined cookie sheet and create indentation in each using a finger, knuckle or other implement. Place a dollop of cranberry jelly in center and bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool and enjoy!
Cranberry Jelly (You will have more than you need for recipe above)
- 3/4 cup whole cranberries
- 1-2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1-2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. tapioca or arrowroot starch