* Tender, sweet cinnamon rolls in under 30 minutes? No raising required! Recipe makes about 8 rolls.
- 2 1/4 cups Truly AIP All-Purpose Baking Mix, plus 1-2 Tbsp, if needed
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. gelatin (not collagen)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. oil
- Filling of choice (recipes follow)
Preheat oven to 350. Combine applesauce, maple syrup and water in mixing bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over mixture and allow to bloom. Warm mixture just enough to liquefy gelatin, then add oil and All-Purpose Baking Mix. Mix well, adding extra baking mix as necessary to obtain a dough that does not quite stick to your hands and can be formed into a ball. Roll dough into a rectangle about 10x12 (size can vary!). Spread with filling of choice, leaving about 2 inches bare, and roll up jelly roll style. Wet bare end of dough with a little water to help close roll. Use a sharp knife or floss to cut into 8 rolls and place onto parchment or silicone lined baking sheet. Bake for about 15-17 minutes until lightly browned.
Cinnamon Roll Filling Options:
Simplest option: Spread applesauce thinly on rolled out dough. Sprinkle a mixture of 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon evenly over applesauce.
More time consuming:
Apple Raisin Filling:
- 1 1/2 cups diced apple
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. tapioca or arrowroot starch
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. water, plus more as needed
- 1/4 cup raisins