* The taste of cherry pie without the hassle of a pie crust! Plus, any fruit will do if cherries aren't your thing. These are delicate, but so worth it!
Cherry Pie Filling
- 3 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cherries (or other fruit)
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. tapioca or arrowroot starch
Mix everything together in a medium sized pot and heat on low, stirring occasionally, until cherry mixture is thickened. Set aside to cool while you make the crust and topping.
- 2 cups (240 gr) Truly AIP All-Purpose Baking Mix
- 1/3 cup soft palm shortening or coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Press about three quarters of dough onto bottom of 8 x 8" pan. Spread cherry pie filling evenly over crust and crumble remaining dough evenly over filling. Bake for about 30 minutes until filling is bubbling and topping is nicely browned. Let cool until room temperature. Bars are much easier to cut and serve when cooled!