* AIP pizza is definitely not the same pizza that most of us grew up with, but it can still be delicious! Make the process a little easier by using AIP Rustic Bread Mix to form your crust in less time. You will need:
- 1 pkg Truly AIP Rustic Bread Mix
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
Preheat oven to 425 and line two baking sheets or pizza pans with parchment. Mix ingredients together to form a soft dough. Using hands, press half of dough into an 11-12" circle on one pan, making a slight lip around the edge. Repeat with second half of dough. Bake each crust for 14-17 minutes, add toppings and return to oven for 5-8 minutes.
CHEESE RECIPE from bonaippetit.com. I take ZERO credit for this, but it is my fave.
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided (I use way less)
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. tapioca starch
- 1/2 Tbsp. gelatin (not collagen)
1. Brush the inside of a resealable container with olive oil
2. Add salt, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, milk, yeast, acv and tapioca starch to a small saucepan. Stir with a whisk to combine.
3. Stir over low heat for 3-5 minutes or until the liquid starts to thicken. Mixture should be thickened, stays together and is stretchy.
4. Add the gelatin and whisk until totally combined.
5. Pour the cheese into container brushed with olive oil and brush the top with additional oil. Chill in the refrigerator until set.