* AIP pizza is definitely not the same pizza that most of us grew up with, but it can still be delicious! Make the process a little easier by using AIP Rustic Bread Mix to form your crust in less time. You will need:
- 1 pkg Truly AIP Rustic Bread Mix
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- 1 cup cold water, plus 2-4 Tbsp. more, as needed
Preheat oven to 425 and line two baking sheets or pizza pans with parchment. Mix ingredients together to form a soft dough. Using wet hands, press half of dough into an 11-12" circle on one pan, making a slight lip around the edge. Repeat with second half of dough. Bake each crust for 12-15* minutes until lightly browned, add toppings and return to oven for 5-8 minutes.
* Initial baking time will depend on thickness of crust.
NOMATO PIZZA SAUCE adapted from hewontknowitspaleo.com.
In instant pot, combine the following and cook at high pressure for 10 minutes:
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 diced medium onion
- 1 small beet, diced (about 1.5 inches in diameter)
- 1 cup water or broth
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp. rinsed and drained capers
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 Tbsp. salt
- 2-4 Tbsp. fresh basil
- 2 tsp. oregano
Let mixture cool some before blending in a high powered blender. Spread generously on your pizza crust and freeze the rest for future pizza nights!
CHEESE RECIPE adapted from bonaippetit.com.
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. tapioca starch
- 1/2 Tbsp. gelatin (not collagen)
1. Brush the inside of a resealable container with olive oil
2. Add salt, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, coconut milk, yeast, apple cider vinegar and tapioca starch to a small saucepan. Bloom gelatin in mixture, then stir with a whisk to combine.
3. Stir gently over low heat for 3-5 minutes or until the liquid starts to thicken. Then be ready to whisk a little more quickly. Mixture should be thickened, stays together and is stretchy.
4. Pour the cheese into container brushed with olive oil. Chill in the refrigerator until set.