* Bread is tricky on AIP! This focaccia bread is easy to make, but tastes like it took much longer. You will need
- One package Truly AIP Rustic Bread Mix
- 1 3/4 cups warm water, separated (110 degrees)
- 2 1/4 tsp. active dry yeast
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil (Plus more for drizzling and dipping later)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Optional: Fresh rosemary, flaked salt, or a good garlic salt
Add honey to 1/2 cup of warm water and then stir in yeast. Allow to sit and foam for 5-10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together remaining water, olive oil and salt. Add yeast mixture and entire bag of bread mix and stir until combined well.
Transfer dough to a parchment lined baking sheet and gently press into a circle about 9 inches around. Poke holes in whatever pattern you choose (I used a frosting decorator tip) Cover and let sit in warm place for about 20 minutes. (Dough will not rise much)
Very gently, brush olive oil over entire loaf and sprinkle with rosemary and garlic salt. Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes or until slightly browned and top bounces back when touched gently.
Let cool and slice with a pizza cutter. Delicious with a good olive oil!