* I believe pumpkin should be eaten year round, whenever I feel like it, so pumpkin scones seemed like they needed to happen. Not too sweet, yet soft and moist, feel free to add a bit more coconut sugar or maple syrup. Or mix up a bit of sweet maple cinnamon drizzle!
- 1 pkg Truly AIP Scone Mix
- 3/4 cup coconut milk OR 1/4 cup oil and 1/4-1/2 cup water, as needed
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- Pinch of cloves
- 1/4 cup chopped dates or raisins
Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone liner. Mix everything in a bowl, adding water last, as needed, until you have a soft dough that does not quite stick to your hands, but is still manageable. Split in half and form 2 one inch high rounds and cut each into fourths. Separate slightly and bake for 16-20 minutes, or until lightly browned on top and bottom.
For maple cinnamon drizzle, try this (not quite exact) recipe:
- 1-2 Tbsp coconut butter melted
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp coconut milk
Mix ingredients together, adding a bit more of what seems necessary to make you happy!
Note: The coconut butter will seize up a bit when you add just the maple syrup, but the addition of the coconut milk will fix that in the end.