* Here’s a colorful and flavorful dessert for your next brunch, whether it’s Easter or any other occasion.
THIS RECIPE HAS NOT BEEN TESTED WITH OUR NEW, REFORMULATED BAKING MIX THAT CONTAINS PLANTAIN FLOUR. IT MAY NEED SLIGHTLY LESS LIQUID.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium size mixing bowl combine the following ingredients:
- 2 cups (240 grams) Truly AIP All Purpose Baking Mix
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup plus 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger (use 1/2 tsp. if you don’t like things too ginger heavy)
- 1/4 tsp. ground mace
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
Spread batter evenly into greased 8x8” pan. Bake about 30 minutes until firm to the touch and toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting with Carrot Icing.
Steam 2/3 cup diced carrots until very soft, about 10-12 minutes. Use a blender or immersion stick to blend carrots with 3 Tbsp. warmed coconut butter, 5 Tbsp. room temperature maple syrup, 1/2 tsp. vanilla and 1/4 cup tapioca starch. Place mixture in fridge until it firms up some and then spread onto cooled cake.
Yields about 9-12 Servings