AIP Rustic Bread Mix - Gluten Free, Autoimmune Friendly - Just Add Kombucha or Oil & Water- Makes waffles, pancakes, crepes and pizza crust, too!
Our bread mix not only makes one small loaf of bread, but can be two pizza crusts, four waffles, more than two dozen pancakes or three dozen crepes! See our recipe section for directions.
While this bread is NOT the same as we were all used to before AIP, it can be a great addition to your diet in a multitude of ways. We think our bread is best as toast or a grilled sandwich, but it makes pretty great bread stuffing to go with a roast chicken or turkey!
TIPS FOR SUCCESS:
- Make sure you have a bottle of fresh, fizzy plain kombucha ready. Or use oil & water. Mix it into your bread mix and watch it fizz as you ensure batter is smooth.
- Line bottom and two sides of your pan with some parchment (for easy removal), and grease the exposed parts of the pan with just a little oil.
- Spoon batter into loaf pan and gently smooth top of loaf.
- DO NOT UNDERBAKE! If in doubt, 40-50 minutes for an 8 X 4 loaf, 50 minutes for a 5 X 5 loaf.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, but no longer, before removing loaf to a cooling rack.
- COOL COMPLETELY, then slice to your desired thickness.
The size of the baking pan determines the size of the slice, and we prefer a 5 x 5 to bake ours in much of the time. We like an 8 x 4 for smaller slices. We've also used mini loaf pans to create tasty hors d'oeuvres with a smear of mashed avocado and a sprinkling of fresh sprouts.
- AIP, PALEO, VEGAN FRIENDLY DIETARY STAPLE – Ingredients include tigernut flour, tapioca flour, cassava flour, coconut sugar, plantain flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and pink Himalayan salt create a tasty AIP bread
- STOP FEELING RESTRICTED – Having the option to include paleo bread in your meals will make the autoimmune protocol a little easier to stay committed to, which will allow you to more fully experience the benefits of an anti inflammatory diet. With our Rustic Bread Mix, you’re finally free to enjoy a homemade loaf of delicious bread while still maintaining a healthier lifestyle
- QUICK & EASY - With just one package of our dry baking mix, a bottle of plain kombucha and less than 5 minutes of prep time, you can have a loaf of your very own autoimmune compliant bread.
- If you’d rather make pizza, skip the kombucha and just add 1 1/3 cups water and 3 tablespoons of oil for two 10-12 inch pizza crusts. Use hands to press dough into desired size and shape on a lined baking sheet or pizza pan. Bake at 425 for 12-15 minutes (depends on crust thickness and your oven), add your favorite toppings and return to oven for 5-8 minutes
- FREE OF ALL MAJOR ALLERGENS - Perfect for those with food allergies, intolerances and sensitivities. No refined sugar, grains, gluten, eggs, dairy, soy, nightshades, preservatives or artificial flavors listed as “natural”
- GOOD FOR YOUR GUT - We use actual food ingredients that provide nutrients and prebiotic fiber to your gut microbiome. While you mix your grain free bread dough, enjoy a few sips of kombucha for some probiotic goodness