* These scones will satisfy a craving for banana bread in a quarter of the time it takes to mix, bake and wait for a loaf of bread to cool down! Add a little maple cinnamon glaze and you have yourself a snack that might cure the need for actual dessert. To make these, you will need:
- 1 pkg Truly AIP Scone Mix
- 3/4 cup mashed banana mixed with 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, full fat or light
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together until you have a soft dough. On baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone liner, form two 1 inch high rounds with dough. As this is a softer dough, cut rounds into four triangles each and bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and separate scones on baking sheet. Continue baking for another 8-10 minutes until golden brown on edges.
If you like a little icing on your scones, here is a very simple maple cinnamon glaze.
- 2 Tbsp. arrowroot or tapioca starch
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- Pinch of cinnamon, or to taste